Laser Dentistry Sacramento, CA
If you are interested in a new, fresh approach to dental care, consider laser dentistry. At Dental Excellence of Greenhaven, we can use laser dentistry to treat our patients' oral health concerns in a way that is comfortable and effective. If you live in Sacramento or surrounding area and are looking for modern dental care, give us a call. Lasers are revolutionizing dentistry, but a family dentist still typically uses traditional metal dental tools, making it necessary to visit a laser dentist. As a laser dentist in Sacramento, we can use lasers in the majority of our procedures to correct damage without causing irritation. We invite you to call (916) 293-0504 and experience the difference that laser dentistry can make.
Check out what others are saying about our laser dentistry services on Yelp: Laser Dentistry Sacramento
Laser Gum Surgery
Perhaps one of the most significant advances that gentle dentistry has made is associated with treating gum disease. This condition is so common that most adults will suffer from some form of gum disease in their lifetime. The symptoms typically start with red, swollen, and bleeding gums but if left untreated, it can lead to gum recession. Receding gums are particularly dangerous because more of the tooth and roots will become exposed and open for attack by bacteria. Many people suffer bone and tooth loss as a result. Treating gum disease, therefore, is critical for preserving your teeth as you age. The traditional method of treatment involves pulling the gums away from the tooth and using metal dental tools to scrape off the bacteria, plaque and tartar that has formed on the tooth but underneath the gums. This can be uncomfortable to say the least. Laser dentistry has completely changed the procedure. We offer periodontic care, and our patients can have their gum disease treated by using lasers to break up the plaque and tartar. This will remove the irritant that is causing the gum disease in the first place. Typically, the gums will then return to good health. Since this is a non-invasive procedure, our patients start to feel better right away. Not all dentists in the Sacramento area offer this new method of treating gum disease, making it important to visit a laser dentistry office.
When you visit Dental Excellence of Greenhaven, we will work to the best of our ability to provide you with the highest quality of dental care and do so in a way that is relaxing and comfortable. By offering laser dental treatments, we eliminate the vibration, heat and pressure that generally causes discomfort during dental procedures. The technology is continuing to change and improve so if there are procedures that we are still using traditional dental tools for, we expect all or most of them to eventually be done using lasers. If you want to learn more about how we use laser technology currently, call Dental Excellence of Greenhaven and schedule an appointment with our dental office.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- An allograft is a graft of tissue from a donor within the same species as the patient that is not a genetic relative.
- Alveolar Ridge
- The alveolar ridge is the bony ridge for one of the jaw ridges located on the roof of the mouth or on the bottom of the mouth.
- An autograft is a graft of tissue from one portion of an individual’s body to another.
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Cap Splint
- A cap splint is a plastic or metallic device that professionals may use to treat mandible or maxillary fractures and cover crowns of teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or esthetic purposes.
- Dental Crown
- A crown is an artificial tooth, usually consisting of porcelain, which covers the top of the implant to provide people with an aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional tooth.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
Back to top of Laser Dentistry
Curious about laser dentistry? Read on to learn more about this type of treatment. Medical professionals may modify or remove tiny quantities of tissue using lasers. While laser surgery has numerous applications outside of dentistry, the vast majority of patients had never ever heard of laser dentistry until they needed it. Dentists employ lasers for…
Correcting mouth issues with a beam of light might sound like science-fiction, but laser dentistry is a present, common, and effective practice. Dental lasers are less noisy and less invasive than traditional drills. They often cause less anxiety and fear during dental procedures and reduce healing times and pain as well. With all this in…
The use of laser dentistry to treat a variety of dental issues has been commercially available since 1989. Lasers are a less painful and more efficient option than the drills and tools used in traditional dental treatment procedures. Many patients also feel more comfortable with the sounds and feel of laser treatment. Laser treatment options…
You may have heard more about laser dentistry in recent years. These practices can help you with both cosmetic and oral health procedures. If you have never been to an office that uses these methods, it is good to know what to expect and what is available. You can improve your smile and the way…